Supported Computers & Operating Systems (OS)
- PCs with Windows 9 or Higher Recommended
- MacBook Pros with OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra) or Higher Recommended
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint Are All Required
- Note – Google Chrome Books, Surface Tablets, iPads & Smart Phones are fully supported but due to the volume of typed work required, they cannot be a primary computer for your coursework.
- Note – If you are applying for an Alternative Student Loan and are approved at Tier 1, we can add up to $500 to your loan amount to help you get a new PC. 😊
When Shopping For A New Computer Consider The Following…
- We recommend 15.6 to 17.3 inches
Processor – Makes Your Computer Fast
- Save some money and go with an AMD over an Intel. AMDs are typically better and save you about $200 to $400 on the final purchasing price if purchasing a Windows OS.
- Anything over 2 GHz is good.
RAM – Makes Your Computer Fast
- 4 GB is good, 8GB is twice as fast, 16GB would be twice as fast as 8GB.
- So the more RAM the better, but 4GB is perfectly fine.
Wireless Card – Makes Your Web Browsing & Downloading Fast
- 11b/g/n will allow you to take advantage of faster internet speeds and is ideal.
- 11 a/c is outdated card, but still functions. It will create a choke point that can prevent you from taking full advantage of your internet speed if your internet speed is greater than 60 MBPS.
Internet Speed – Makes Your Web Browsing & Downloading Fast
- 10 MBPS is the minimum. Upgrading to 20 MBPS or higher is totally worth it.
- SpeedTest.net – Click Begin Test to find your speed out.
- DVD Player Burners, Numeric Key Pads, Backlighting, Touch Screens