Field Study Apprenticeship
The Field Study Apprenticeship (FSA) is an optional part of the full Holistic Nutrition Certification here at EHI. It is designed to help students gain valuable clinical and/or classroom experience while in school. Students are eligible to participate in the FSA after successfully completing classes 101, 102, 103 plus 201 & 202 to ensure that when they are in a clinical setting, they are well equipped to understand the dynamics of a clinical situation and participate without feeling overwhelmed.
How It Works
- Students interested in participating will identify 2 to 4 potential field study placements. Eligible placements include Naturopathic Doctors, NANP Board Certified Holistic Nutritionists, Licensed Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, et all utilizing Nutrition in their practice, Nutritionists, Herbalists, and Nutrition Teachers teaching at a Post-Secondary School, Community College, or College Level. *Note Dieticians are not eligible field study placements.
- Once an interested student submits potential field study placements, our Student Success team will start working with the placement to ensure they meet our standards and are clear about the educational objectives so we can ensure a valuable learning environment for our students.
- Students interested can gain up to 250 hours as a clinical and/or teaching assistant.
- Hours obtained during any approved field study placement can be credited towards the student’s eventual Application for Board Certification through the NANP (National Association of Nutrition Professionals).
- Ultimately it is our hope that each student who takes advantage of this option not only gains valuable experience, but also creates an opportunity for future employment following graduation.
We are approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals to offer Online Courses in Holistic Nutrition that qualify our graduates to become Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition.